Wednesday, April 8, 2015

I'm Still Alive!

Hi, everyone! Unfortunately I don't have much to say in this post except to apologize for being absent for over a week and to promise that there will be at least a review or a new flash fiction by the end of this week. No, I haven't mysteriously disappeared, but I have been busy and preoccupied, more so than I thought I would be. I'll admit that I'd been in kind of an emotional slump for a brief while, and that when I did have the time to blog I put it off because I just simply in a funk. I'm feeling a lot better now, but unfortunately I'm also back at school after Easter break, so now it's time to crack down on the four essays I have due in less than a month. It's that time of year again, folks, the month before finals, so I can't make any promises about the frequency of my blogging in the next few weeks.

It's ok, you can be irritated with me, I understand.

What I can tell you is that I am currently still reading both Nil and 1Q84, so you can anticipate a new book review fairly soon, most likely for Nil because 1Q84 is still the same 1100+ page brick that it was a few weeks ago. Also, my latest obsession is House of Cards and I've been binge-watching it on Netflix in my spare time, so admittedly that has cut into my reading time juuuust a bit. So... yeah. Also, I apologize for not having a new "Flash Fiction Friday" on time once again. I'm thinking that since it's hard for me to keep to a weekly schedule for that (partially because I actually have a lot of trouble consistently coming up with flash fiction prompt ideas), I might just make this a bi-weekly feature instead.

I do have a few other exciting things in the works. Since this summer is shaping up to be a busier one than previous summers for me, I can't guarantee that I'll be able to blog super-frequently, but I would like to officially announce that I've declared it to be The Summer of Self-Pub (or self-pub summer, or whatever). I have a number of self-published and other indie books on my To-Read list on Goodreads that I've discovered through various means, and my plan is to dedicate my summer to reading and reviewing them. I won't get to all of them, but from mid-May to mid-August indie books are all that I plan to read. I've been burned by self-published books before, but I'm determined to find that diamond in the rough. So there's that to look forward to!

So thanks, everyone, for being so patient. I really do enjoy writing on this blog, but getting it off the ground is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Not that I thought it would be easy, but sometimes it can be difficult to both find the time and muster up the motivation to write when I've got so much other stuff on my mind. It's an odd combination of an additional responsibility to worry about and an escape from responsibility. I guess it's a taste of what it's like to be a writer as more than just a casual hobby. Only a small taste, though, and if I want to be a published author in the near-ish future then I should learn how to balance my writing with the rest of my life. But at least I still have time to figure things out. Besides, I think being a busy college student gives me somewhat of an excuse... Until later this week, my lovelies! Stay classy.


No comments:

Post a Comment